2. Click the [Accounts and Import] tab
3. In the [Check mail from other accounts] section, click [Add an email account]
4. Enter the full email address of UM@Connect (e.g. email@example.com), then click [Next >>]
5. Click [Import emails from my other account (POP3)] option then click [Next >>]
6. Now you have a few options to choose and here are our recommended settings
- Username – Your UMPass username in the format of [Student ID]@um.edu.mo
- Password – Your UMPass password
- POP Server – Input “outlook.office365.com”
- Port – 995
- Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server – Check the box if you want to keep a copy of your email in UM@Connect account but your quota will be exceeded
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail – Check the box
- Label incoming messages – Check the box if you’d like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from UM@Connect
- Archive incoming messages – Don’t check. Only check if you don’t want to see new messages from UM@Connect in your inbox
After you finish below setting, click [Add Account >>]
The email account was added and you can see new mail of your UM@Connect in your Gmail inbox.
If you want to send UM@Connect email using Gmail. Please perform below steps.
If you want to setup later, you can refer how-to-send-as-UM@Connect-email-or-alias-when-using-gmail.
7. Please select [Yes, I want to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org.] then click [Next >>]
8. Enter your name, select [Treat as an alias.] then click [Next Step >>]
- SMTP Server: outlook-apaccentral.office365.com
- Username: Your UMPass username in the format of [Student ID]@um.edu.mo
- Password: Your UMPass password
- Port: 25
- Select [Secured connection using TLS (recommended)] option
- Click [Add Account >>]
10. Login to your UM@Connect account and check for your confirmation code. Enter your confirmation code into the text box and click [Verify]
Now you can also send mail as UM@Connect account in Gmail.