Functional and usability improvements
- Web control – Define a single rule for multiple URLs, or define different policies for different network locations. “Soft” blocking policies are new for version 6 along with the ability to partially customize the blocking and warning page.
- Personal Firewall – You can now create firewall rules directly from the log or IDS notification window and assign profiles to network interfaces.
- A new Botnet protection – helps discover malware through analyzing its network communication patterns and protocols.
- Device Control – Now includes the ability to determine device type and serial number, and to define single rules for multiple devices.
- A new Smart mode for HIPS – is placed between Automatic and Interactive mode. Ability to identify suspicious activities and malicious processes in the system.
- Updater/Mirror improvements – You can now resume failed downloads of virus signature database and/or product modules.
- User Interface improvements – Adds the one-click option to run a manual update of the virus signature database and modules from the Windows System Tray. Support for touch-screens and high resolution displays.Improved detection and removal of third-party security solutions.
- Anti-Phishing – protects you from attempts to acquire passwords and other sensitive information by restricting access to malicious websites that impersonate legitimate ones.
Detection & Protection technologies
- Advanced memory scanner – Monitors process behavior and scans malicious processes when they decloak in memory.Enhanced Exploit blocker – Designed to fortify commonly exploited application types such as web browsers, PDF readers, email clients and MS Office components. Exploit blocker now supports Java and helps improve detection and protection from these kind of vulnerabilities.
- Improved detection and removal of rootkits.
- Vulnerability shield – More advanced filtering options to detect various types of attacks and vulnerabilities.